E-Trac Minelab Metal Detector
The E-TRAC is Minelab's most technologically advanced detector incorporating unique (FBS) technology and discrimination . Its sleek, sturdy design, innovative control panel, intuitive menus, clear LCD screen, robust lightweight coil and comprehensive targeting options set the E-TRAC apart from any other detector available today.
Minelab has taken the groundbreaking step of incorporating a USB interface – the E-TRAC Xchange . This enables you to connect your metal detector to your home computer to download and upload your E-TRAC settings, user modes and discrimination patterns. There are a number of sample patterns you can try located on the specifications page. You can build a resource library charting your success with your E-TRAC storing your valuable settings for your favourite sites - never worry about losing your most successful settings again! This advanced feature is also designed to allow you to quickly configure the E-TRAC at the touch of a button to particular detecting environments and preferred targets so you can spend less time messing about with settings and more time out in the field doing what you love doing, detecting.
When it comes down to it the E-TRAC will locate valuable metal objects in a variety of mineralised ground conditions such as extremely salty soils, seawater, wet beach sand and highly magnetic ground conditions. By using the E-TRAC you can become one of the many successful detectorists who combine their passion for the outdoors with the excitement of discovering valuable coins, relics, gold and jewellery on a regular basis.
- Utilising FBS technology with simultaneous frequencies ranging from 1.5kHz - 100kHz the signal received from the detectors coil is analysed from a wide range of responses. This allows E-TRAC's advanced signal processing to analyse more target information so that target identification is more accurate.
- E-TRAC Xchange USB functionality - create, download and upload your favourite E-TRAC settings and save them to your computer or Xchange them with friends by email.
- QuickMaskTM with independent ferrous and conductivity rejection level adjust - a fast and simple way to edit patterns.
- SmartfindTM - a unique two-dimensional scale of discrimination graphically representing both the ferrous and conductivity properties on the same display working to eliminate signals from undesired targets and accepts signals from desired targets.
- Discrimination scale with radical realignment improves target ID and the recovery rate of good targets at depth.
- Four pre-programmed Minelab user modes for switch on and go detecting with specific Settings and Patterns suited to Coins; High Trash; Beach and Relics.
- Four user mode slots so you can personalise modes to suit your specific target preferences and detecting environment.
- Refined threshold adjustment level on a 1-50 scale for greater precision to suit your requirements.
- Pinpoint with audio and visual indicators on two modes making target size and identification more accurate than ever.
- Ground Setting options of Neutral and Difficult allowing you to adapt easily to benign or the most challenging operating conditions.
- Trash Density settings - High ensures you experience fewer false signals in high trash environments while Low is perfect for cleaner sites.
- User-centered keypad and menu design – fast and easy to use with intuitive icons and logical menu sequences.
- Clear resolution visual display panel 72mm x 48mm - designed for optimum visibility in all light conditions.
- Ergonomic, perfectly balanced Handle Assembly ensures longer periods of detecting without fatigue!
- Ultra-lightweight waterproof 11" Double-D waterproof coil for versatility with sharp, accurate pinpointing and depth.
- Switch on and go detecting
Four preset Search Modes (Coin, Relic, High Trash and Beach) make it easy to get started. Four additional User Search Modes allow you to save customised settings for different detecting conditions and desired targets. Automatic Sensitivity turns the beginner into an expert. The extra large backlit LCD screen and graphical user interface make navigation easy.
- Smartfind 2D Discrimination (35 x 50 = 1,750 segment target resolution)
Program the detector with discrimination patterns to accept good targets or reject junk using 35 ferrous and 50 conductivity Target IDs. This higher resolution Smartfind gives significantly greater target accuracy than the Explorer SE Pro.
- Many Tone ID options for target discrimination
Eight Tone ID options for discriminating by sound. Choose from ferrous or conductive tones with 1, 2, 4 or multi-tone (35 ferrous or 50 conductivity) options. These audio tones give more information to help you separate good targets amongst junk.
- Teach the E-TRAC to only find the targets you want
Editing and creating your own custom Discrimination Patterns has never been easier. Auto accept and auto reject editing options with sample targets make teaching the E-TRAC to find good targets and reject junk a breeze. Ten user Patterns allow you to easily save your favourite settings. QuickMask can be used to quickly create a new Discrimination Pattern.
- Accurate audible and visual pinpointing with two options
The exact location of a target can be accurately determined, before digging, using the Normal Pinpoint function. The Sizing Pinpoint option helps determine target size. Pinpoint uses variable audio pitch and volume, with a signal strength graphical display.
- Lightweight, waterproof 11-inch Double-D coil
This precision engineered coil has improved mechanical stability and greater immunity to electrical noise allowing you to increase sensitivity and achieve greater depth.
- Automatic ground compensation
Select from Neutral or Difficult ground and the E-TRAC does the rest. Automatically see through the ground to find treasure other detectors miss. Amazingly quiet even in difficult ground conditions, e.g. salt water beaches.
- Xchange - USB connection to PC
Use E-TRAC Xchange with your PC to download, upload and share settings, modes and patterns. Save an endless number of settings and build a library for your favourite sites. You can also download proven settings for a location you have never detected.
- FBS technology
FBS takes BBS to the next level. Find more treasure deeper, using the best multifrequencytechnology available.
FBS (Full Band Spectrum) simultaneously transmits, receives and analyses a full band of multiple frequencies. This provides the detector’s electronics with even more information about a target and the surrounding environment than is possible with single frequency or BBS technology. This has a number of advantages, including:
Find Every Target Type & Size with Every Sweep
Generally, high transmit frequencies are more sensitive to small targets and low transmit frequencies give more depth on large deep targets. FBS simultaneously transmits and analyses a full band of multiple frequencies from 1.5 kHz to 100 kHz and is therefore sensitive to both very small and large deep targets at the same time. This means you only need to cover the ground once and can be confident you’re not leaving ANY valuable treasure behind.
Automatic Sensitivity & Ground Compensation for Maximum Depth
As you sweep the coil in search of targets, Automatic Sensitivity and Ground Compensation monitor the full band of frequencies for changes in ground mineralisation. Whenever the level of ground mineralisation changes the sensitivity is automatically adjusted to maintain maximum depth. The ground compensation circuitry removes false signals caused by fast changing levels of ground mineralisation. Both of these advanced features work together to maintain maximum detection depth and sensitivity, allowing you to concentrate on listening for targets.
Extremely Accurate Multi-Channel Signal Conversion
FBS uses multiple channelled Sigma-Delta analogue-to-digital converter technology to digitise the analogue signals received by the search coil. This ultra-fast processing, using a digital reference (1 bit DAC), provides the microcontroller (MCU) with detailed information about the ground conditions and targets. This gives FBS the ability to precisely separate target signals from ground signals for maximum detection depth. It also provides Smartfind with the necessary high resolution target data to accurately plot targets.
Smartfind 2D Discrimination
Minelab’s exclusive 2D Discrimination technology analyses a target’s ferrous (Fe) and conductive (Co) properties simultaneously. This revolutionary approach is the most accurate technology available for determining whether a target is treasure or trash.
The information can be heard as different Fe-Co audio tones, as well as being displayed numerically and graphically on a 2D scale. Individual segments or larger areas of the display can be shaded to reject unwanted targets.