X-Terra 305 Universal Minelab Metal Detector
The X-TERRA 305 is the solid no-nonsense introduction to the new generation Minelab X-TERRA Series. A lightweight, easy to use, coin and treasure-hunting detector designed for the hobbyist who does not want or need the top of the range machine. The X-TERRA 305 is suitable for the whole family and there is even a short shaft available for keen youngsters. Despite being ultra lightweight and so easy to use there is no compromise on quality or performance - Minelab’s designers used innovative, lateral thinking and the very latest in digital components to design the X-TERRA Series of detectors.
The X-TERRA 305 is now packed with new features, functionality and enhanced setting options. This detector delivers results, value and more…in fact some might think that we made it too good!!! A no nonsense detector perfect for those seeking a high performance entry-level detector.
- Minelab’s proprietary "True Digital" technology, then new class of single frequency detectors – you can change the operating frequency simply by changing coils.
- Compatible with Medium Frequency (7kHz) and High Frequency (18.75kHz) coils – 6 accessory coil options offer increased versatility.
- Accurate Ground Balance capability with manual adjustment of 0-20, allows the user to adjust to ground mineralization easily.
- 2 preset patterns, that can also be customized, plus All-Metal mode.
- Choice of 1,2 or 3 tone ID’s plus multi-tone Target ID (12) response. This allows greater flexibility in deciding how target signals are represented.
- Threshold adjustment, with a range of -5 to 25 allowing the user to set threshold to levels where slight variations from either very small shallow, or very large deep, targets can be noticed.
- Noise Cancel function with 3 manual settings allowing the user to pick the quietest channel for detecting.
- Rapid recovery Pin-Point with variable tone and graphical indicator.
- Target Volume adjust (0-10) allowing you to get more definitive audio information on each target.
- Depth indicator, updates continuously, even in Pinpoint mode.
- Positive reflective LCD display.
- Runs on just 4 x AA batteries.
- Ultra lightweight, balanced design (only 1.3kgs).
- Easy to use - switch on and go!
With two preset Discrimination Patterns, this detector is ideal for beginners.
- Tell good targets from junk
Three different ways to identify targets before digging them up: Target ID numbers, Target ID Tones and a 12 segment Discrimination Scale.
- Customization Notch Discrimination
The discrimination segments can be easily selected to accept wanted targets or reject unwanted targets, plus they’re all automatically saved ready for your next adventure.
- Adjustable Ground Balance setting (manual 0-20)
Cancel false signals from ground mineralisation and find targets other detectors miss.
- Additional short shaft
The detector’s length can be adjusted for comfortable detecting for all the family.
- VFLEX Technology (2 frequencies - 7.5 kHz, 18.75 kHz)
You can change the detector’s frequency by changing coils.
VFLEX uses state of the art digital electronics and signal processing to enhance conventional single frequency (VLF) metal detector technology. VFLEX provides increased detecting performance with perfect sine wave transmission, an in-coil signal booster and coil selectable transmit frequencies.
World’s First All-Digital Metal Detectors
VFLEX transforms conventional single frequency metal detection technology by including two microcontrollers (miniature computers), one inside the control box and one inside the coil. Every time the detector starts up, the microcontrollers establish communication via a digital data link. The coil microcontroller communicates the coil’s configuration, size and exact frequency, so the control box can generate a perfectly matched transmit signal. This significantly reduces distortion and increases Target ID accuracy.
Perfect Sine Wave Transmission
VFLEX technology generates and transmits a perfect high quality sine wave, using the same technology that is found in high quality digital audio players, and is produced without distortion. The removal of distortion maximises power transmitted from the coil, therefore increasing detection depth and sensitivity. This also results in enhanced Target ID accuracy and greater immunity to both ground and environmental noise.
In-Coil Signal Booster
Weak target signals are amplified inside the coil, before the receive signal is sent up the coil cable where interference and signal loss can occur. This technique improves immunity to electrical noise by reducing false signals and increasing target signal strength, therefore improving detection depth and sensitivity.
Coil Selectable Transmit Frequencies
By changing the coil you can change the detector’s frequency, maximizing sensitivity and depth for a wide range of target types and conditions. VFLEX gives you three frequencies to choose from: 3 kHz, 7.5 kHz and 18.75 kHz.