Safari Universal Minelab Metal Detector
Powered by Minelab's (FBS) multiple frequency technology, the Safari combines deep, sensitive and accurate detecting for anyone demanding both simplicity and performance. Safari uses advanced digital filtering to eliminate the influence of ground signals automatically so you can experience easy, seamless detecting whatever the field conditions.
With its High Trash Density setting, Target Ids and audio tones are updated when sweeping over closely spaced targets fast! This improves the recovery of deeply buried high conductivity targets in a trashy environment and allows you to more accurately identify the type of target found.
Discover the adventure and excitement of detecting with a Safari today!
- FBS multiple frequency technology.
- Ultra-lightweight 11" Double-D waterproof coil combines high performance, great depth and sharp pinpointing.
- Four pre-programmed detection modes - Coin; Coin/Jewellery; Relic and All Metal. Each individual mode contains the optimum settings for identifying the characteristics of your preferred targets, allowing you to maximise your time in the field.
- Pinpoint with audio and visual indicators for more accurate detection – press the pinpoint button and watch the Safari zone-in on the precise location of that precious target.
- Trash Density - High ensures fewer false signals experienced in typical coin and relic environments so you don’t waste time digging for junk, while low is ideal for clean sites to make sure you don’t miss anything.
- Target Volume Adjust - adapts target signal volume to suit user preference.
- Noise Cancel - automatically selects the quietest, most stable channel for detecting.
- Intuitive menu interface for fast and easy access and adjustment.
- Robust, well balanced design and long lower shaft for comfortable detecting over longer periods
- Switch on and go detecting
Four factory preset Detect Modes make it easy to get started. As your experience grows, four additional Detect Modes can be programmed to suit your needs. The clear button layout, large display and streamlined menu make the Safari a very user friendly detector.
- Find more valuable treasure, dig even less junk!
51 Target ID segments give the Safari almost twice the discrimination resolution of the X-TERRA 705. Ferrous or conductive Tone ID allow you to customise audio tones for different target types. These advantages give you a greater ability to identify targets.
- Accurate audible and visual pinpointing
The exact location of a target can be accurately determined, before digging, using the Pinpoint function. This uses variable audio pitch and volume, with a graphical display.
- Lightweight, waterproof 11” Double-D coil
This precision engineered coil has improved mechanical stability and greater immunity to electrical noise allowing you to increase sensitivity and achieve greater depth.
- FBS technology
FBS takes BBS to the next level. Find more treasure deeper, using the best multifrequency technology available.
FBS (Full Band Spectrum) simultaneously transmits, receives and analyses a full band of multiple frequencies. This provides the detector’s electronics with even more information about a target and the surrounding environment than is possible with single frequency or BBS technology. This has a number of advantages, including:
Find Every Target Type & Size with Every Sweep
Generally, high transmit frequencies are more sensitive to small targets and low transmit frequencies give more depth on large deep targets. FBS simultaneously transmits and analyses a full band of multiple frequencies from 1.5 kHz to 100 kHz and is therefore sensitive to both very small and large deep targets at the same time. This means you only need to cover the ground once and can be confident you’re not leaving ANY valuable treasure behind.
Automatic Sensitivity & Ground Compensation for Maximum Depth
As you sweep the coil in search of targets, Automatic Sensitivity and Ground Compensation monitor the full band of frequencies for changes in ground mineralisation. Whenever the level of ground mineralisation changes the sensitivity is automatically adjusted to maintain maximum depth. The ground compensation circuitry removes false signals caused by fast changing levels of ground mineralisation. Both of these advanced features work together to maintain maximum detection depth and sensitivity, allowing you to concentrate on listening for targets.
Extremely Accurate Multi-Channel Signal Conversion
FBS uses multiple channelled Sigma-Delta analogue-to-digital converter technology to digitise the analogue signals received by the search coil. This ultra-fast processing, using a digital reference (1 bit DAC), provides the microcontroller (MCU) with detailed information about the ground conditions and targets. This gives FBS the ability to precisely separate target signals from ground signals for maximum detection depth. It also provides Smartfind with the necessary high resolution target data to accurately plot targets.
Smartfind 2D Discrimination
Minelab’s exclusive 2D Discrimination technology analyses a target’s ferrous (Fe) and conductive (Co) properties simultaneously. This revolutionary approach is the most accurate technology available for determining whether a target is treasure or trash.
The information can be heard as different Fe-Co audio tones, as well as being displayed numerically and graphically on a 2D scale. Individual segments or larger areas of the display can be shaded to reject unwanted targets.